Pauline had her baby on Saturday! No name as of yet, but she is being called yoda, or burrito. She has my nose, which is unfortunate. “Isn’t Phil’s nose big?” -Brad.
Archive for the ‘Me likey stuff’ Category
Lordy lord, on vinyl it’s amazing…
Good album. I suggest you take a listen, all you sufjan stevens/over the rhine/jeff buckley/pedro the lion fans out there. Firstly, the songs are spacey; kind of etherial. Makes for very interesting elaborations. There's a fair amount of stuff that plays around with electronica, which I think I really enjoy. Not the full blown electronica, but the stuff that's based on well-written melodies, really cool hooks and the like. The melodies are simple, and stem from the folk and surf guitar lines. It also helps that these musicians are easy to respect. So I raise my glass to you, Tim and Jeff. I hope you enjoyed this album as much as we all did.
Sufjan Stevens is so good… Michigan makes me stop and listen. And makes me write a blog post… It's GOT to be good.
Romulus is probably one of the best songs on the album. Sufjan must just align with my musical tastes. It's smart pop, contemplative rock, emotional folk, nice all around. Smooth music.
- Vernor’s Ginger Ale (Barrel Aged, Bold Taste)
- Dr. Pepper (I am a pepper, you know…)
- 7-up (Cleanest tasting of all lemon-lime sodas)
- Big-K Ginger Ale (Got a bit of a kick, not too sweet, doesn’t taste like sprite)
- Stewart’s Ginger Beer (Spicy, delicious ginger soda… Clear your sinuses right up.)
- Coke (Nice some times, not overly sweet… Only when it’s ice cold)
- Squirt (Epitome of citrus. Too bad it’s less than 1% juice.)